Unlike any other job, Southwest Labs is Albuquerque's top place work.
Southwest Labs is dedicated to providing laboratory services of the highest possible quality alongside outstanding customer service for the benefit of the organizations and individuals we serve. Southwest Labs aims to constantly grow and streamline its services to align with the needs of providers, clinics, and other healthcare organizations throughout the southwest.
Taking care of our people is simple
Southwest Labs goes above and beyond to support its employees, we know that when our people are happy they are able to do their best work. We continue to develop and improve our offerings. Here are some key benefits.
Southwest Labs Benefits:
Southwest Labs aims to treat all its members with respect and will always continue to improve and support personal and professional development. Here are some of our key values.
Molecular Scientist I/II Southwest Labs Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States (On-site),
Full-time, Evenings with 4-10’s Schedule Save Apply Full Job Description
Seeking Molecular Scientist I/II
The ideal candidate will be responsible for certifying results and running clinical samples. This position requires excellent technical, organizational and time management skills, plus the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and work collaboratively.
Molecular Scientist I/II Responsibilities
• Perform routine molecular testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance, and proficiency testing. • Follow CLIA, HIPPA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in policies. • Responsible for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures and reporting of test results. • Maintain detailed documentation of procedures and results. • Maintain laboratory equipment and preparation of reagents. • Daily maintenance of the laboratory, including the receipt and unpacking of reagents, cleaning of work surfaces, and routine ordering will be required. • Proficient in sample prep and extraction techniques. • Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to support project-specific needs. • Other duties as assigned by General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, and Lab Director.
Molecular Scientist Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Clinical Lab Science or related field. • Qualify as testing personnel under CLIA guidelines and have at least 1 year of laboratory experience in a high complexity testing. • MB (ASCP) Certified or equivalent preferred. • Experience with QuantStudio 7 Flex and KingFisher RNA/DNA Extraction • Extensive knowledge of molecular diagnostics and previous experience with sample prep. • 1-2 years work in high throughput molecular lab. • 1+ years working with molecular PCR instrumenting, rPCR • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations. • Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills • Ability to troubleshoot and optimize protocols. • Ability to manage competing priorities or projects and meet deadlines. • Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, work under supervision and exercise good judgment. • Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-growth and team-based work environment.
Experience on real-time PCR instrumentation and DNA/RNA Extraction a plus.
COVID-19 Precaution(s) · Personal protective equipment provided · Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Physical Requirements: · Frequently performs work while standing, walking, or sitting. · Occasionally required to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds. · Required to communicate and interact with employees and patients. · May be required to work weekends and evening shifts
We are look for energetic, dynamic individuals to join our team!
In this role, you will be responsible for performing activities involved in the preparation of specimens for testing and assures appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling; maintains the integrity of the specimen and patient identification.
- Print insurance for previous day
- Check oral fluid results and report results (complete excel oral fluid sheet)
- Accession urine and oral fluid samples
- Print out Daily Manifest and filters for ANTIPSY/ANTIDEP and Aceta/Phent manifests and provide to the lab
- Double check the Daily Manifest against requisition forms
- Fill daily accessioning log
- Reconcile daily LCMS tubes in refrigerator and discard urine samples
- Clean all tables, wash glassware, and fill tip boxes
- Responsible for keeping inventory up to date
- Responsible for distributing the weekly counts to channel partners
- Collaborate with the accessioning manager on tasks as-needed
- Responsible for collecting patient specimen in accordance with lab protocols, in the event that a patient comes to the lab
- Follow lab protocols for all specimen handling
This position will work at our Albuquerque lab and is full-time, with a typical schedule of Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Calling all superstars!
Southwest Labs is in need of an exceptional Specimen Processor to join our growing team!
We are looking for a focused Specimen Processor to sort and input orders for urine and/or blood specimens in our laboratory system. You will need to be able to confirm patient identifiers, insurance, and client demographics at a high level of accuracy. Attention to detail is the most important part of this job. We are willing to train the right person.
- Verify accuracy of client and specimen details
- Examine specimens for adequacy and appropriateness
- Capture client and specimen data electronically
- Sanitize benchtops
- Label and number specimen
- Prepare aliquots
- Centrifuging specimens
- Prepare, ship, and package specimens
- Store and dispose samples
- Provides guidance about processes and procedures to other staff as required
- Prepare samples for send out to partner lab
- Occasional data entry
- Required to communicate and interact with employees, clinics, and providers
- All other duties as assigned